Please find attached a copy of the agreed reports from the Glasheen BNS Board of Management. These will be published here regularly to update parents with news on some items discussed at out management meetings.
Glasheen BNS and Glasheen GNS will be closed on Friday 8th March as both schools are to be used as polling stations in the upcoming referendum. School will reopen as normal on Monday 11th March.
School will close for Christmas Holidays on Friday December 22nd at 12pm. We will be staggering collection times to ease congestion on School Avenue.
Junior and Senior Infants will leave at 11:40am.
First and Second Classes will leave at 11:50am.
Third to Sixth Classes will leave at 12:00pm.
On Friday, we will allow older siblings to leave with their younger brothers at their earlier collection time to save parents having to wait unnecessarily. For example… if a pupil in 5th class has a younger brother in Junior Infants he will be allowed to leave at 11:40 with his younger brother, rather than wait until 12pm. Hopefully this will further ease congestion, free up parking spaces and save time for parents.
School will reopen on Monday 8th January at 8:30am. We hope you all have a Happy Christmas!
Our school will be running Christmas Concerts and our annual Glasheen BNS Christmas Market on Wednesday 20th December. Our concert times will be as follows:
Junior Infants: 9:15am
Senior Infants 9:45am
1st Classes: 10:15am
2nd Classes: 10:45am
3rd Classes: 11:15am
Our concerts will take place in the School Halla.
Parents are very welcome to visit our Christmas market before or after performances from 10am until 1pm. Raffle tickets for Hampers will also be on sale on the day. Proceeds from the market will be supporting UNICEF, Dogs for the disabled and of course Glasheen BNS.
Glasheen BNS will close at 1:30pm on Tuesday October 17th to facilitate staff training.
Junior & Senior Infants will leave at 1:15pm.
First & Second Classes will leave at 1:25pm
Third to Sixth Classes will leave at 1:30pm.
Many thanks – The Team at Glasheen BNS
We are accepting applications now for our Junior Infant Class 2024. Please have your application form in before October 27th 2023. Places are limited so please make sure you fill in the application form before the deadline and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School will close at 12pm on Tuesday 27th June for the summer break. In order to ease traffic congestion at collection time we are operating a staggered leaving time schedule for Friday:
- Junior and Senior Infants will leave at 11:40am.
- First and Second Classes will leave at 11:50am.
- Third to Sixth Classes will leave at 12pm.
- School will reopen at 8:50am on Tuesday 29th August (gates open at 8:30am as usual).
June Bank Holiday
- School will close at 12pm on Friday 2nd June to facilitate whole staff inservice training in the New Primary Curriculum Framework. Junior and Senior Infants will leave at 11:40am, First and Second Classes will leave at 11:50am, and Third to Sixth Classes will leave at 12pm.
- School will remain closed on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th June for the bank holiday weekend.
- School will reopen at 8:50am on Wednesday 7th June
An Open Day for our new incoming Junior Infant pupils will be held on Thursday June 1st 2023. We look forward to seeing you and your son between 1:45pm and 2:15pm on the day. Members of staff will be delighted to answer any questions you may have, and the boys will get a chance to familiarise themselves with the environment before September. We will contact you all with more details closer to the date.
Please take note of the following upcoming dates for school closures on the May bank holiday weekend:
School will be closed on Friday April 28th (Staff Primary Language Curriculum Training Day)
School will be closed on Monday 1st May 2023 (Bank Holiday) & Tuesday 2nd May 2023
Pupils will return to school on Wednesday 3rd May.