We need to keep the area outsi...
We need to keep the area outsi...
The Admissions Notice<...
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE (Last Updated 28th September 2020) PLEASE READ:
Dear Parents / Guardians, A very warm welcome to you all. Here is some Helpful Information & Important Things to Remember
1. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
2. APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 – The Admissions Notice for for Glasheen BNS 2021 is published in the Policy section of this website. Applications for admission in 2021 will be accepted from 1st – 31st October 2020. We already have many applications, so all those on our list will be contacted and invited to reapply. Places will be allocated based on the criteria in our Admissions policy and applicants will be notified by 21st November 2020. Offers must be accepted by 30th November 2020. Please download the 2021 Application Form on this website.
5. COMMUNICATING WITH SCHOOL – As well as Email Addresses for each class level, if you need to contact the office you can Telephone: 021-4544750 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need to call to the office, we now have an External Window, directly to the school office, with a buzzer, meaning that parents & other adults can contact the office, without entering the school building. These are all measures to keep everyone safe. Thank You.
6. REOPENING OF SCHOOL – In mid August 2020, we emailed our detailed reopening plan to all parents. All classes are back in school for 4 weeks now. Both Homework Club & Afterschool Clubs are suspended, in order to preserve class bubbles and to ensure social distancing. Similarly, Morning Assembly of pupils congregating in the yard, cannot take place. Once pupils enter the school grounds, they will need to go directly to their classrooms. Health advice is that parents Drop & Go. School Gates cannot be opened early, like before.
All members of our school community have a role in ensuring that our school is a safe place to be. Your support, understanding and co-operation will be vital in implementing necessary changes to promote the good health of all in our school community.
Our COVID 19 School Policy is available to read in the Policy section of this website.
7. ONLINE PAYMENTS for school expenses and Book Rental are now up and running through Databiz, our school’s administration system. This is for the convenience and safety of all, at this time. Parents / Guardians from Senior Infants to 6th Class should have received an email from Databiz, explaining how to go about paying. We have made the School Expenses (photocopying, 24 hour insurance etc.), as well as Book Rental, as one payment.
8. BOOK LISTS 2020/2021 are available on our website. Click on the Book Lists tab.
9. SCHOOL LUNCHES – Pupils joining us for the first time, parents will need to fill in the menu choices and lunch bags for your son will normally commence on the Monday of the following week.
10. NEW JUNIOR INFANTS 2020 – school day is from 8.50 a.m. until 1.20 p.m..
11. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN US IN 2020 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in autumn 2020, please email ‘email@example.com‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
12. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning or arriving from overseas, please remember the need to self isolate.
Best wishes to all of our school community. Please continue to socially distance and take all necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.