Please check our 'Policy' sect...
Each new class is listed below...
We are working very hard to pr...
(Click here to download our INFORMATION WELCOME BOOKLET)
VIDEO FOR JUNIOR INFANT PARENTS & PUPILS:
MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL TO ALL IN OUR CURRENT & FUTURE SCHOOL COMMUNITY (Last Updated 13th August 2020) PLEASE READ:
See here for Reopening of School in Autumn, Online Payments, Book Lists, School Lunches, New Junior Infants, Pupils Seeking to join Glasheen BNS, Rescheduled Communion & Confirmation Dates, School Emails.
Dear Parents / Guardians, A very warm welcome to you all. As the summer begins, Here is some Helpful Information & Important Things to Remember:
1. REOPENING OF SCHOOL IN THE AUTUMN – Please be assured we are doing everything to ensure we will be ready to welcome all of our pupils to school in the autumn, while following all safety guidelines. As well as ongoing work in the school, now that national guidelines have been confirmed, we are putting further plans in place.
The safety of all our pupils and staff remains our priority, when putting these arrangements in place. There will be changes for everyone, to help keep everyone safe. Both Homework Club & Afterschool Clubs will have to be suspended, for now, in order to preserve class bubbles and to ensure social distancing. Similarly, Morning Assembly of pupils congregating in the yard, cannot take place. Once pupils enter the school grounds, they will need to go directly to their classrooms. Health advice is that parents Drop & Go. School Gates cannot be opened early, like before.
In order to ensure a safe and orderly start, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th Classes will return to school on Thursday 27th August @ 8.50 a.m.. Senior Infants, 1st Class, 2nd Class & our ASD Class (Cairde) will return to school on Friday 28th August @ 8.50 a.m., while our new Junior Infant boys will start on Monday 31st August @ 10.00 a.m.. (more details to follow).
All members of our school community will have a role in ensuring that our school is a safe place to be. Your support, understanding and co-operation will be vital in implementing necessary changes to promote the good health of all in our school community.
Our COVID 19 School Policy is available to read in the Policy section of this website and all parents are receiving an email this week regarding details of return to school.
2. ONLINE PAYMENTS for school expenses and Book Rental are now up and running through Databiz, our school’s administration system. This is for the convenience and safety of all, at this time. Parents / Guardians from Senior Infants to 6th Class should have received an email from Databiz, explaining how to go about paying. We have made the School Expenses (photocopying, 24 hour insurance etc.), as well as Book Rental, as one payment.
3. BOOK LISTS 2020/2021 are now available on our website. Click on the Book Lists tab.
4. SCHOOL LUNCHES – Lunches will be delivered for returning pupils from Monday 31st August. For those pupils in school on Thursday 27th August and Friday 28th August, please bring your own packed lunch. To ensure safety, our lunch provider has sourced paper based recyclable water bottles, which we have agreed to trial, for now. Pupils joining Junior Infants, or other classes for the first time, parents will need to fill in the menu choices and lunch bags for your son will normally commence on the Monday of the following week.
5. NEW JUNIOR INFANTS 2020 – While we could not hold our welcome afternoon in May this year, we sent a Welcome Pack and details of the Book List and other helpful Information to all of our incoming Junior Infants. A Welcome Video is also available, for the boys, which is on this website, as well as our School Facebook & Twitter pages. Junior Infants will start on Monday 31st August from 10 a.m. We will send the exact time for each boy shortly, as we try to ensure social distancing.
6. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN US IN 2020 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in autumn 2020, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
7. Please remember that AT THE START OF THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (2020/2021), all class teachers will be doing considerable revision of the work from the previous school year. We want to support you all now but we will be revising, so please, please don’t panic. Please note that Standardised Testing has also been cancelled for this year by Department of Education & Skills.
8. PROVISIONAL COMMUNION & CONFIRMATION DATES 2020 – First Communion for Glasheen Boys’ School has been rescheduled, subject to public health advice, on Saturday 26th September 2020, in The Lough Church @ 11.00 a.m.. Numbers in the church, on the day, will be restricted. The provisional date for Confirmation for Glasheen Boys’ School is Friday 2nd October 2020 @ 10.30 a.m.. More details to follow.
9. SCHOOL EMAILS – A comprehensive email was sent to all parents yesterday but more information will be sent by email in the next two weeks.
Wishing you all the best for the remainder of the break. We will look forward to seeing our boys, in the coming weeks. Michael Daly