We have very strong interest i...
We have very strong interest i...
We are looking forward to welc...
In Glasheen BNS, we are at an ...
The story of Donald Hurley &am...
Click here for Wellbeing Activities: https://padlet.com/timoneill/7isvb4lo7ffvu09d
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE (Last Update Tuesday 18th May 2021) Dear Parents / Guardians,
A. Please remember public health advice, not to congregate at the school gates, or to organise playdates.
B. If your son or a member of your family is unwell or displaying any symptoms, please err on the side of caution and do not attend school.
C. Please wear a mask if you need to enter the school grounds, or if you are waiting for your son, for the safety of all.
D. Please remember that if any pupil, or any member of his family is awaiting a Covid test result, he MUST NOT attend school. The same applies to all members of staff.
E. To keep everyone safe, please remember to socially distance while collecting children. Also, keep up the hand washing & sanitising.
F. For the safety of all, we ask that early collections from school are only when absolutely essential. Please email the school office and class emails, the day before giving the proposed time of collection & telephone the school when you arrive. We will arrange for your son to be brought out to you.
2. ARRIVAL IN & DEPARTURE FROM SCHOOL – Details of procedures for arrival to and departure from school; What to do to contact the school/teacher; What to do if you need to collect your son and much, much more are all in the Reopening of the School document (In the policy section of this website).
3. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact the office, as always, you can Email: email@example.com (emails will be answered as soon as possible).
4. GOOGLE CLASSROOM – Has been in use to facilitate remote learning and will continue to be used for some elements of homework, as well as an additional means of maintaining contact between home & school.
5. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning, or arriving from overseas, please remember the vital need to self isolate. Similarly, if awaiting a test result, all HSE advice must be followed. If in doubt, please contact the school before sending your son to school.
6. APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 –
The 2021 Application Form is available to download on this website. (Places will be allocated, depending on availability, in particular classes). If you are interested in a place for 2022, 2023, 2024, or later, we can send you an ‘Expression of Interest Form’. The Admissions Policies for Mainstream & our ASD Class are available in the Policy section of this website.
NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have, about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend, or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we strong demand but limited availability, in most classes.
7. PARENT GROUP CHAT GUIDELINES – The Board of Management is reviewing a number of school policies, at the moment. One of these is the Guidelines issued last year, on the use of Parent Group Chats. These are potentially useful but it is important, for the protection of all pupils, parents & staff, that they are used appropriately by all who participate in them. Please view updated ‘Parent Group Chat Guidelines‘ in the Policy section of this website.
Keep safe. Sincerely, Michael Daly.