We understand that some mail d...
We understand that some mail d...
If you don't already follow us...
Due to public health advice, i...
The Board of Management is rev...
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE (Last Update Thursday 3rd December 2020) PLEASE READ:
Dear Parents / Guardians / Friends, A very warm welcome to you all. We want to keep all of our school community informed, so hopefully this information will help:
1. PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS – PT meetings cannot take place in the usual way, (Face to Face), or at the normal time, this year. Schools are waiting on guidance from the Department of Education. Meanwhile, infant teachers & 1st Class are arranging to telephone parents. Various teachers are already in contact with parents, where the need arises. We also have the facility of class emails (see below) & Google Classroom. We will review the situation in Term 2, or when guidance is issued, as positive communication is so important to us all.
2. COMMUNICATING WITH OUR SCHOOL – As well as Email Addresses for each class level, (see below), if you need to contact the office you can Telephone: 021-4544750 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need to call to the office, we have an External Window, directly to the school office, with a buzzer, meaning that parents & other adults can contact the office, without entering the school building. These are all measures to keep everyone safe. Thank You.
3. APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 – The Admissions Notice & Admissions Policy for Glasheen BNS 2021 are published in the Policy section of this website. Applications for admission to Junior Infants in 2021 were accepted from 1st – 31st October 2020. We are now in contact with those on our waiting list for places in Junior Infants 2021. We will maintain a waiting list over the coming months, doing our very best to be as fair as we can be, to our applicants.
Please download the 2021 Application Form on this website. (Applications can continue to be made at other times, during the school year and places will be allocated, depending on availability, in particular classes). If you are interested in a place for 2022, or later, we can send you an ‘Expression of Interest Form’.
4. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘email@example.com‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
5. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
6. GOOGLE CLASSROOM – All classes will be using Google Classroom. 4th – 6th Classes are already up and running, doing much (or all) of their homework, through Google Classroom. All classes will be using Google Classroom, for various activities. Cairde Class is using the ‘SeeSaw’ learning platform. Passwords, once set up, can be changed by parents.
8. ONLINE PAYMENTS for school expenses and Book Rental are being operated through Databiz, our school’s administration system. This is for the convenience and safety of all, at this time. Parents / Guardians from should have received an email from Databiz, explaining how to go about paying. We have made the School Expenses (photocopying, 24 hour insurance etc.), as well as Book Rental, as one payment.
9. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning or arriving from overseas, please remember the need to self isolate. Similarly, if awaiting a test result, all HSE advice must be followed. If in doubt, please contact the school before sending your son to school.
10. PARENT GROUP CHAT GUIDELINES – The Board of Management is reviewing a number of school policies, at the moment. One of these is the Guidelines issued last year, on the use of Parent Group Chats. These are potentially useful but it is important, for the protection of all pupils, parents & staff, that they are used appropriately by all who participate in them. Please view, ‘Parent Group Chat Guidelines‘ (March 2019) in the Policy section of our school website. Any further suggestions are welcome before Monday 16th November at 3.00 p.m.
11. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE – Please remember that if any pupil, or any member of his family is awaiting a Covid test result, he MUST NOT attend school. The same applies to all members of staff. Thanks so much for helping us to keep everyone safe.
Further Updates – On behalf of everyone in Glasheen Boys’ School, I would like to thank all of our parents and guardians for their support and co-operation since we reopened in August 2020. Thank you also for all the wonderful calls and emails of gratitude, which mean so, so much. As we approach the Christmas break and move from Level 5 to Level 3, here are some reminders:
Keep safe. Sincerely, Michael Daly.