Helpful information, for all p...
Helpful information, for all p...
Please note that the school ca...
For Information on applying fo...
New Book Lists were distribute...
Click here for GLASHEEN BNS JUNIOR INFANT WELCOME VIDEO 2021:
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE – HELPFUL INFORMATION ( JULY / AUGUST 2021)
Dear Parents / Guardians,
APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 –
The 2021 Application Form is available to download on this website. (Places will be allocated, depending on availability, in particular classes). If you are interested in a place for 2022, 2023, 2024, or later, we can send you an ‘Expression of Interest Form’. The Admissions Policies for Mainstream & our ASD Class are available in the Policy section of this website.
Incoming Pupils from Senior Infants – 6th Class: If you have already arranged for your son to join us in Glasheen BNS, for the first time this autumn, in Senior Infants – 6th Class and if you would like to arrange a short visit, we can arrange that on either Thursday 26th or Friday 27th August. Just email from 23rd August onwards and we can arrange a time.
Incoming Junior Infant parents will be contacted to let them know of a time for them to visit, with their son, to meet the teacher and see the new classroom, on either Tuesday 31st August, or Wednesday 1st September, before starting on Thursday 2nd September. We will start at 10.00 a.m., for Junior Infants, on their first morning.
2. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have, about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend, or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we have strong demand but limited availability, in most classes.
3. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning, or arriving from overseas, please remember the vital need to self isolate for the recommended period. Similarly, if awaiting a test result, all HSE advice must be followed. If in doubt, please contact the school before sending your son to school. .
4. BOOK LISTS – Were circulated on Tuesday 15th June, along with the Annual Board of Management Report for 2021. Book Lists are available on this website under the ‘Book Lists’ tab.
School will reopen on Tuesday 31st August 2021, with Junior Infants visiting on 31st August & 1st September, starting officially on Thursday 2nd September.
5. COMMUNION / CONFIRMATION – The provisional dates (SUBJECT TO ONGOING PUBLIC HEALTH ADVICE) for the deferred ceremonies are Friday 10th September 2021 at 12 Noon (First Communion) & Wednesday 15th September 2021 at 12 Noon (Confirmation). Please note that these dates may have to change if this is dictated by public health.
6.CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels (during the school year). Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
If you need to contact the office, as always, you can Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (emails will be answered as soon as possible).
7. CLASS LEVELS IN IRELAND & THE UK – Some times when families arrive from overseas, the names of different class levels can cause confusion, as they have different names in Ireland, to those in the UK, the system that many countries follow.
In Ireland, children first attend Preschool, for one or two years. After that, when they start here in primary school, their first year is called Junior Infants (which is Reception in the UK, which is the first year in primary school). The next year we call Senior Infants, which is Year 1 in the UK. Then it’s 1st Class, which is Year 2 in the UK or their 3rd year in primary school, not the first). Then 2nd Class, which is Year 3 in the UK or their 4th year in primary school). This is followed by 3rd Class (Year 4 in the UK), then 4th Class (Year 5 in the UK), then 5th Class (Year 6 in the UK) and after that, 6th Class (Year 7 in the UK). I hope this helps to explain the situation.
When we reopen on 31st August 2021, here are some helpful things to remember:
A. Please remember public health advice, not to congregate at the school gates, or to organise playdates.
B. If your son or a member of your family is unwell or displaying any symptoms, please err on the side of caution and do not attend school.
C. Please wear a mask if you need to enter the school grounds, or if you are waiting for your son, for the safety of all.
D. Please remember that if any pupil, or any member of his family is awaiting a Covid test result, he MUST NOT attend school. The same applies to all members of staff.
E. To keep everyone safe, please remember to socially distance while collecting children. Also, keep up the hand washing & sanitising.
F. For the safety of all, we ask that early collections from school are only when absolutely essential. Please email the school office and class emails, the day before giving the proposed time of collection & telephone the school when you arrive. We will arrange for your son to be brought out to you.
Keep safe. Sincerely, Michael Daly.