On behalf of everyone in Glash...
On behalf of everyone in Glash...
As children are unlikely to ge...
It's almost 8 weeks since we r...
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE (Last Updated 29th October 2020) PLEASE READ:
Dear Parents / Guardians, A very warm welcome to you all. Here is some Helpful Information & Important Things to Remember
1. APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 – The Admissions Notice & Admissions Policy for Glasheen BNS 2021 are published in the Policy section of this website. Applications for admission in 2021 are being accepted from 1st – 31st October 2020. We already have many applications, so all those on our list are being contacted and invited to re-apply. Places will be allocated based on the criteria in our Admissions policy and applicants will be notified by 21st November 2020. Offers must be accepted by 30th November 2020. Please download the 2021 Application Form on this website.
2. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
3. GOOGLE CLASSROOM – All classes will be using Google Classroom. 4th – 6th Classes are already up and running, doing much (or all) of their homework, through Google Classroom. All other classes are circulating newly created pupil email addresses to parents. All classes will be using Google Classroom, for various activities. Cairde Class is using the ‘SeeSaw’ learning platform.
6. ONLINE PAYMENTS for school expenses and Book Rental are now up and running through Databiz, our school’s administration system. This is for the convenience and safety of all, at this time. Parents / Guardians from Senior Infants to 6th Class should have received an email from Databiz, explaining how to go about paying. We have made the School Expenses (photocopying, 24 hour insurance etc.), as well as Book Rental, as one payment.
7. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
8. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning or arriving from overseas, please remember the need to self isolate.
On behalf of everyone in Glasheen Boys’ School, I would like to thank all of our parents and guardians for their support and co-operation since we reopened in August. Thank you also for all the wonderful calls and emails of gratitude, which mean so, so much. We are very proud of how everyone has worked so hard to make things normal and fun, in extraordinary times. Keep up the brilliant work, have a great mid-term break and we’ll look forward to seeing all the boys again when we reopen on Monday 2nd November. Keep safe. A Few Reminders:
5. Finally, to keep everyone safe, please remember to socially distance while waiting to collect children. Thank you all, once again for your amazing work, as we really appreciate everything you are doing. Thanks also for all of the positive feedback. Most importantly of all, we are hugely proud of each and every one of our boys.