‘Cairde’ (our spec...
‘Cairde’ (our spec...
There was a huge number of boy...
Well done to all of our boys w...
All secondary schools and some...
Click here for Wellbeing Activities: https://padlet.com/timoneill/7isvb4lo7ffvu09d
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE (Last Update Friday 26th February 2021) Dear Parents / Guardians,
Please read the following information, which I hope will be helpful:
2. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
If you need to contact the office, as always, you can Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (emails will be answered as soon as possible).
3. GOOGLE CLASSROOM – All classes are using Google Classroom. 4th – 6th Classes were already up and running, doing much (or all) of their homework, through Google Classroom. All classes will be using Google Classroom, for various activities. Cairde Class is using the ‘SeeSaw’ learning platform. Passwords, once set up, can be changed by parents. If in doubt, please email the class emails.
4. I.C.T. PROVISION– We have been providing some ICT provision, on loan, for some of our students, who had no provision, during the period of online learning.
5. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning, or arriving from overseas, please remember the vital need to self isolate. Similarly, if awaiting a test result, all HSE advice must be followed. If in doubt, please contact the school before sending your son to school.
6. APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 – The Admissions Notice & Admissions Policy for Glasheen BNS 2021 are published in the Policy section of this website. Applications for admission to Junior Infants in 2021 were accepted from 1st – 31st October 2020. We will maintain a waiting list over the coming months, doing our very best to be as fair as we can be, to our applicants.
Please download the 2021 Application Form on this website. (Applications can continue to be made at other times, during the school year and places will be allocated, depending on availability, in particular classes). If you are interested in a place for 2022, 2023, 2024, or later, we can send you an ‘Expression of Interest Form’.
NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘email@example.com‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
WHEN SCHOOL REOPENS:
7. PARENT GROUP CHAT GUIDELINES – The Board of Management is reviewing a number of school policies, at the moment. One of these is the Guidelines issued last year, on the use of Parent Group Chats. These are potentially useful but it is important, for the protection of all pupils, parents & staff, that they are used appropriately by all who participate in them. Please view updated ‘Parent Group Chat Guidelines‘ in the Policy section of this website.
8. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE – Please remember that if any pupil, or any member of his family is awaiting a Covid test result, he MUST NOT attend school. The same applies to all members of staff. Thanks so much for helping us to keep everyone safe.
Here are some further vital reminders of ways you can help to keep everyone safe for the remainder of this school year, when school reopens again, as normal:
Keep safe. Sincerely, Michael Daly.