New Book Lists have been distr...
New Book Lists have been distr...
The Board of Management Annual...
It is planned, subject to publ...
End of year school reports wil...
Click here for GLASHEEN BNS JUNIOR INFANT WELCOME VIDEO 2021:
Click here to download APPLICATION FORM 2021
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE – HELPFUL INFORMATION (Last Updated Wednesday 16th June 2021)
Dear Parents / Guardians,
APPLICATIONS FOR GLASHEEN BOYS’ SCHOOL IN 2021 –
The 2021 Application Form is available to download on this website. (Places will be allocated, depending on availability, in particular classes). If you are interested in a place for 2022, 2023, 2024, or later, we can send you an ‘Expression of Interest Form’. The Admissions Policies for Mainstream & our ASD Class are available in the Policy section of this website.
NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN SENIOR INFANTS – 6TH CLASS, BETWEEN NOW & AUTUMN 2021 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in other classes, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have, about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend, or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we have strong demand but limited availability, in most classes.
Here are some further vital reminders of ways you can help to keep everyone safe for the remainder of this school year, so schools can remain opened, as normal, until the end of June 2021, as planned in our school calendar:
A. Please remember public health advice, not to congregate at the school gates, or to organise playdates.
B. If your son or a member of your family is unwell or displaying any symptoms, please err on the side of caution and do not attend school.
C. Please wear a mask if you need to enter the school grounds, or if you are waiting for your son, for the safety of all.
D. Please remember that if any pupil, or any member of his family is awaiting a Covid test result, he MUST NOT attend school. The same applies to all members of staff.
E. To keep everyone safe, please remember to socially distance while collecting children. Also, keep up the hand washing & sanitising.
F. For the safety of all, we ask that early collections from school are only when absolutely essential. Please email the school office and class emails, the day before giving the proposed time of collection & telephone the school when you arrive. We will arrange for your son to be brought out to you.
3. CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES – To facilitate communication, there are email addresses for all class levels. Please bear in mind that teachers are teaching during the day, so the email addresses will not be monitored, at all times. The addresses are:
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
If you need to contact the office, as always, you can Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (emails will be answered as soon as possible).
4. SELF-ISOLATING – If returning, or arriving from overseas, please remember the vital need to self isolate. Similarly, if awaiting a test result, all HSE advice must be followed. If in doubt, please contact the school before sending your son to school.
5. END OF YEAR REPORTS – 6th Class Reports were emailed to parents on 31st May, to facilitate liaison with secondary schools. All other school reports were emailed to parents on 14th June. If you have changed your email address, please let us know, so we can update it.
6. COMMUNION / CONFIRMATION – On safety grounds, we have been instructed, not to set dates for June 2021. The provisional dates are Friday 10th September at 12 Noon (First Communion) & Wednesday 15th September at 12 Noon (Confirmation).
7. BOOK LISTS – Have been circulated on Tuesday 15th June, along with the Annual Board of Management Report for 2021.
8. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS – Our 6th Class boys will graduate on Wednesday 23rd June. We will miss them hugely but will look forward to following their continued progress. The rest of the boys will finish for summer holidays on Friday 25th June (usual finishing times for holidays).
School will reopen on Tuesday 31st August 2021, with Junior Infants visiting on 31st August & 1st September, starting officially on Thursday 2nd September.
Keep safe. Sincerely, Michael Daly.