To watch the video for our new Junior Infant boys and t...
To watch the video for our new Junior Infant boys and t...
NEW JUNIOR INFANTS 2020
We are extremely proud to announce that our school has ...
We are thinking, very much, about our boys who were due...
(Click here to download our INFORMATION WELCOME BOOKLET)
VIDEO FOR JUNIOR INFANT PARENTS & PUPILS:
MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL TO ALL IN OUR CURRENT & FUTURE SCHOOL COMMUNITY (Last Updated 2nd June 2020)
While the school buildings may be closed right now, school work is continuing. In the month of June, we will be putting a greater emphasis on physical activity, getting out and about and positive mental health. PLEASE DO NOT BE STRESSED, particularly over minor issues that, on the scale of things, don’t really matter.
Teachers are in touch with parents by email and many parents have received telephone calls. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do, to make things easier for you.
Important Things to Remember, Please:
1. NEW JUNIOR INFANTS 2020 – While we cannot hold our welcome afternoon in May this year, we will be writing to all of our future Junior Infants, this week, with a Welcome Pack and details of the Book List and other helpful Information. A Video is also available, for the boys, which is on this website, as well as our School Facebook & Twitter pages.
2. NEW PUPILS SEEKING TO JOIN US IN 2020 – Any parents seeking places for their son/s in autumn 2020, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘. We will respond, by return and be happy to answer any questions you may have about the many benefits of attending our school. If you have a friend or relative, seeking a place for their son, please advise them to contact the school without delay, as we only have very limited availability, in most classes.
3. We have CREATED CLASS EMAIL ADDRESSES HERE, so all parents can get in touch with class teachers. Suggestions and advice are being sent to you by email. The email addresses are: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com We now also have a new Email contact for parents of pupils who attend English as an Additional Language support (EAL): firstname.lastname@example.org
4. All classes, from Junior Infants – 6th, as well as Junior Class, are using GOOGLE CLASSROOM, so if by any chance you have not already done so, please email the relevant email and your son’s teacher will guide you through the process. (Google Classroom can be accessed on a Laptop but there is also a Google Classroom App for phones). We would advise parents not to upload photos of their children on Google Classroom. Please see more details of the timetable for Google Classroom, going forward, in the ‘News’ section.
5. Many of our RESOURCE OR SUPPORT TEACHERS have already been in contact directly with parents by telephone and /or email. You can also email (email@example.com). EAL teachers can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Please remember that AT THE START OF THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (2020/2021), all class teachers will be doing considerable revision of the work from the previous school year. We want to support you all now but we will be revising, so please don’t panic. Please note that Standardised Testing has also been cancelled for this year by Department of Education & Skills.
7. When things return to normal, we will all get back on track with the academics. What is most important right now is the EMOTIONAL WELLBEING OF EACH FAMILY and we want to minimise any pressure you might feel about school work. Some parents have already been contacted by the school by telephone, to offer additional support. If you feel you need some advice or reassurance, please let us know and a member of staff will telephone you, perhaps the class teacher, a support teacher, HSCL or myself.
8. BOOK RENTAL : We would appreciate it if all book rental books could be dropped to the school on Thursday June 18th. Books should be placed in a plastic bag and clearly labelled with the pupil’s name. The bag should contain the Rental Books as identified in the Book Lists or by your son’s teacher. If you left one of these books at school, please make note of this on the label. We will communicate times for drop off of books closer to the date and social distancing measures will be observed.
9. Many boys in 6TH CLASS were due to be making CONFIRMATION on 21/04/2020 and boys in 2nd Class making COMMUNION on 23/05/2020. These cannot take place, for now but we will let you know alternative arrangements, as soon as we know (Please see letters below).We will, when we can, have a GRADUATION CELEBRATION for our current 6th Class boys. Meanwhile we are preparing both a YEAR BOOK and a PHOTOSTORY, as souvenirs of the boys’ time with us in Glasheen BNS.
10. END OF YEAR REPORTS will be emailed to parents this year. Please let us know by email (to the relevant class email) which email address we should use to distribute the reports. We cannot send the report to a pupil’s own email address (email address must belong to an adult, clearly identifying as the parent of a named child). Please note also that standardised tests were cancelled, nationwide, by the Department of Education, this year, as they could not be held, due to school closure.
11. LUNCH PARCELS were delivered for the months of April & May. If you already ordered one, you will be included in the order for June also. Some additional parents have requested to be included in the next delivery.
12. Don’t forget to tune into the RTE TELEVISION HOMESCHOOL HUB every day from 11.00 a.m. – Noon.
See Valuable Tips for Parents During School Closure: https://www.education.ie/en/Th
24th April 2020
Dear Parents/Guardians and Children preparing to receive First Holy Communion
I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe while children are at home from school.
I know how disappointed you feel that we will not be able to celebrate your First Holy Communion on the date that was originally planned. I appreciate how hard you have worked in preparing for this special occasion with the help of your teachers, your family, your parish and it is only natural that you feel disappointed. We are also disappointed because First Holy Communion is an important celebration not just for you and your family but it is also an important day in the life of your parish and indeed of our diocese.
When restrictions are lifted and we are told that it is safe for us to do so, we look forward to celebrating this special occasion with you as you welcome Jesus who will come to you in Holy Communion for the very first time. We are not in a position at this time to say when that will be but please rest assured that you will have the opportunity to celebrate your First Holy Communion when it safe for us to gather together again.
Until then I ask you and your families to pray together, remembering those who are sick, all who are caring for them and all who are working so hard to keep us all safe. There are various prayers and resources on the diocesan website, see link below. Your prayers have great power and they are a wonderful way of being close and connected to the people you love when you can’t visit them or meet with them. I encourage you to pray the ‘Prayer to our Guardian Angel’ each day with your family as a way for all of us to be united in prayer even when we can’t come together to pray.
May God bless you all and keep you safe in His great love.
Yours sincerely ✠ Fintan Gavin Bishop of Cork and Ross
Prayer to our Guardian Angel O Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God’s love commits me here. Ever this day be at our side,
to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
Dear Parents/Guardians and Candidates preparing for Confirmation
I hope you are keeping well and not missing school and your friends too much at this time.
I know how you were looking forward to the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation around this time. I too am disappointed not to be meeting you and your families and celebrating this special moment with you.
Until the restrictions on gatherings of people are lifted it will not be possible for us to have our celebration. We are not in a position at this time to say when that will be but please be assured that you will have the opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation when it is safe for us to gather together again.
Until then I ask you and your families to pray together, remembering those who are sick, all who are caring for them and all who are working so hard to keep us all safe. There are various prayers and resources on the diocesan website, see link below. Your prayers have great power and they are a wonderful way of being close and connected to the people you love when you cannot visit or meet with them.
With every good wish and blessing
Yours sincerely in Christ ✠ Fintan Gavin Bishop of Cork and Ross